Cowabunga Bay Las Vegas is the largest water park located in Henderson, Nevada, just a short drive from the Las Vegas Strip. The park offers a variety of water slides and attractions for visitors of all ages to enjoy.
I wish I had known certain information in advance, such as the cost of tickets, park closing times, food options available, whether the rides were suitable for families, and how water park compares to other water parks.
Having visited Cowabunga Bay on multiple occasions, I am now well-informed about all aspects of the park. This guide contains comprehensive information about the Cowabunga Bay water park in Las Vegas.
Keep in mind that Ticket prices can be changed depending on the park policy and they could change from year to year.
Cowabunga Bay Ticket Prices
Cowabunga Bay offers a variety of ticket options for visitors to choose from. Prices can vary depending on the time of year and whether tickets are purchased in advance or at the gate.
Here is a personal overview of the ticket prices when I visited This Park:
- General Admission: $37.99 + tax
- Junior Admission (under 48 inches): $27.99 + tax
- Senior Admission (60+): $27.99 + tax
- Season Pass: $99.99 + tax
- VIP Cabana: $300 + tax
- Private Cabana: $600+tax
Cowabunga Bay Las Vegas also offers season passes for visitors who plan on visiting the park multiple times throughout the season. A season pass costs $79.99 and grants the holder unlimited access to the park for the entire season.
- Basic Season Pass: This is the standard season pass option. It grants unlimited admission to the water park during the regular operating season. Prices can range from around $70 to $100, depending on the time of year.
- Premium Season Pass: This pass grants all the benefits of the basic season pass, plus additional perks such as free parking, exclusive discounts, and early entry to the park. Prices can range from around $100 to $150, depending on the time of year.
- Platinum Season Pass: This pass grants all the benefits of the premium season pass, plus even more perks such as free parking, free food and drink, and free admission to other parks. Prices can range from around $150 to $200, depending on the time of year.
- Family Season Pass: This pass is designed for families. It grants all the benefits of the basic season pass plus admission for up to four family members. Prices can range from around $200 to $250, depending on the time of year.
Some of the benefits of having a season pass include the following:
- No need to pay for general admission every time you visit the park.
- Exclusive discounts on food, merchandise, and other park amenities.
- Early access to the park before it opens to the general public.
- Special events and perks for season pass holders.
- The ability to bring a friend for free on select days.
Keep in mind that prices and benefits of the season pass may vary depending on the park’s policy, and they could change from year to year. It’s always a good idea to check the park’s website or call ahead to confirm the prices and benefits of the season pass before purchasing.
Overall, a season pass can be an excellent value for visitors who plan on visiting Cowabunga Bay Las Vegas multiple times throughout the season. Not only does it save money in the long run, but it also provides a variety of exclusive perks and benefits for pass holders to enjoy. If you’re looking to stay on the Las Vegas, check out the article I wrote Top 6 Best Lazy Rivers in Las Vegas.
Cabanas type and price
This Park offers a variety of cabanas for visitors to rent during their visit. The cabanas are located in prime locations throughout the Park and provide a private and shaded area for visitors to relax and enjoy their time at the Park.
Here are the type and prices of cabanas offered at the Park:
- Standard Cabanas: This cabana is an excellent option for small groups or families. It features a table and chairs, comfortable seating, and a ceiling fan to keep you cool. These cabanas are available starting at $59.99.
- Deluxe Cabanas: These cabanas are an excellent option for larger groups or families. It features a table and chairs, comfortable seating, a refrigerator, a ceiling fan, and a television. These cabanas are available starting at $99.99.
- VIP Cabanas: This is the top-level cabana experience, featuring all the amenities of a Deluxe Cabana, plus additional perks such as a private hot tub, a personal host, and a food and beverage package. These cabanas are available starting at $349.99.
It’s important to note that prices for cabanas may vary depending on the time of year, the day of the week, and the cabana type. It’s always a good idea to check the Park’s website or call ahead to confirm the prices and availability of cabanas before your visit.
Cabanas are a great option for visitors who want to enjoy their time at the Park in a private and shaded area. They provide a comfortable and convenient way to relax and enjoy the Park and are available for rent at various price points.
Cowabunga Bay Rides and Attractions
This Park in Las Vegas offers a wide variety of exciting water slides for visitors to enjoy. Some of the park’s most popular slides include:
- The Tornado: This is a giant water slide that drops riders into a large funnel, swirling them around before dropping them into the pool below. It’s a thrilling ride that is sure to get your adrenaline pumping.
- The Riptide: This tube slide features a series of drops and turns that will have you twisting and turning before splashing into the pool below.
- The Cowabunga Racer: This is a six-lane water slide that allows visitors to race their friends and family to the bottom.
- The Turtle Twisters: This is a family-friendly slide with two tubes that twists and turns before splashing into the pool below.
In addition to the water slides, This Park in Las Vegas also offers a variety of other attractions for visitors to enjoy. Some of the park’s most popular attractions include:
- The Surf-A-Rama: This wave pool simulates the experience of riding a natural wave. Visitors can catch a wave and body surf or relax and enjoy the waves.
- The Cowabunga River: This lazy river takes visitors on a relaxing float through the park. Riders can float along the river and take in the sights and sounds of the park.
- Kiddie Slides and Playgrounds: The Park also offers a variety of kiddie slides and playgrounds, perfect for younger visitors.
- Food and Drink options and gift shops.
These are just a few attractions that Cowabunga Bay Las Vegas has to offer. With various activities and amenities to choose from, there is something for everyone to enjoy at the park.
Food Menu at Cowabunga Bay Water Park
Here is a list of some of the food options available at Cowabunga Bay Water Park, along with approximate prices:
Burgers & Sandwiches:
- Classic Hamburger: $8.99
- Cheeseburger: $9.49
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich: $9.99
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich: $9.99
- Turkey Club Sandwich: $10.49
Hot Dogs & Sausages:
- Classic Hot Dog: $5.99
- Chili Dog: $6.49
- Bratwurst: $6.99
- Italian Sausage: $7.49
- Corn Dog: $5.99
- Pepperoni Pizza: $14.99
- Vegetable Pizza: $15.99
- Meat Lovers Pizza: $16.99
- BBQ Chicken Pizza: $16.99
- Margherita Pizza: $17.99
Salads & Wraps:
- Caesar Salad: $9.99
- Greek Salad: $10.99
- Grilled Chicken Caesar Wrap: $11.99
- Turkey & Avocado Wrap: $12.99
- Veggie Wrap: $12.99
Snacks & Treats:
- Soft Pretzel: $4.99
- French Fries: $5.99
- Onion Rings: $6.99
- Nachos: $7.99
- Ice Cream: $4.99
It’s worth noting that prices are subject to change and that the best way to get accurate pricing information would be checking the park’s official website or contact the park directly. It’s also worth noting that the menu may vary depending on the location and the time of year.
Cowabunga Bay Hours and Dates Open
The Water Park is open during the summer months, typically from May to September. The specific dates and hours of operation may vary each year. Below is a list of the general hours of operation:
Monday through Thursday: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Friday: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Saturday: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Sunday: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Please note that the park may close early or have extended hours on certain days, depending on the season and weather conditions. It is recommended to check the park’s official website or call in advance for the most up-to-date hours and schedules.
Cowabunga Bay Location (Distance from the Strip)
The Park is located in Henderson, Nevada, which is about 15 miles (24 km) southeast of the Las Vegas Strip. It is situated near the intersection of Galleria Drive and Stephanie Street. It is easily accessible by car, and there are several parking options available on-site.
It’s also possible to take public transportation to the Park, with several bus routes stopping nearby. Taxis and ride-sharing services like Uber and Lyft Are also available for transportation to the Park.
Dress Code at Cowabunga Bay
Cowabunga Bay Water Park has a dress code in place for the safety and comfort of all guests. The following are not allowed in the park:
- Street clothes or cut-off shorts
- Clothing with metal rivets or buttons
- Clothing with zippers, snaps or buckles
- Clothing with exposed undergarments
- Clothing that is see-through, torn or frayed
- Clothing that contains offensive language or graphics
- Clothing that promotes drugs, alcohol or violence
- Clothing that is not appropriate for a family-friendly environment
- Shoes are not allowed on any water slides
Proper swimwear is required at all times while in the park. This includes swimsuits, appropriate-length shorts (mid-thigh or longer), and shirts covering the chest and torso.
Things to Know
Here are some things to know before visiting Cowabunga Bay Water Park:
- Check the park’s hours of operation and make sure it’s open on the day you plan to visit.
- Purchase your tickets online in advance to save time and money.
- Pack sunscreen, a hat, and appropriate clothing and footwear for the water park.
- Bring your own towel or rent one at the park.
- Keep in mind that outside food and drinks are not allowed in the park, but there are several food and beverage options available for purchase.
- Lockers are available for rent to store your belongings while you’re in the park.
- There are lifeguards on duty at all times, but it is still important to keep an eye on your children and practice water safety.
- Be aware of the park’s dress code, and make sure you’ve dressed appropriately.
- The park has a variety of rides and attractions, so plan your day accordingly and ensure you have enough time to experience everything you want.
- Check the weather forecast before your trip and plan accordingly.
Cowabunga Bay vs. Other Las Vegas Water Parks
Cowabunga Bay Water Park is a popular destination for families and thrill-seekers in the Las Vegas area. Here are a few ways in which it compares to other water parks in the area:
- Size: Cowabunga Bay is a relatively large water park with over 25 rides and attractions. This includes several water slides, a wave pool, and a lazy river. Some other water parks in Las Vegas are smaller and may have fewer rides and attractions to choose from.
- Thrill Level: This offers a good mix of rides for all ages and thrill levels. It has some high-speed water slides and tube slides for thrill-seekers, as well as more gentle rides and a lazy river for those who prefer a more relaxed experience. Some other water parks in Las Vegas may be more geared towards a specific age group or thrill level.
- Location: It is located in Henderson, Nevada, which is about 15 miles (24 km) southeast of the Las Vegas Strip. Some other water parks in Las Vegas are located closer to the Strip, which may be more convenient for some visitors.
- Amenities: It offers a variety of amenities, such as lockers, cabanas, and food options for purchase. Some of the other water parks in Las Vegas may need more amenities.
- Cost: The cost of admission to part can vary depending on the time of year, with discounts available for booking tickets in advance or for groups. Compared to other water parks in Las Vegas, Cowabunga Bay may be on the higher end in terms of cost.
Ultimately, the choice between Cowabunga Bay and other water parks in Las Vegas will depend on individual preferences, such as the type of rides and attractions you’re looking for, the location, and the cost.
Conclusion – Cowabunga Bay Water Park
In conclusion, Cowabunga Bay Water Park in Las Vegas offers a fun and exciting experience for guests of all ages. With various slides and attractions, delicious food options, and convenient hours of operation, the park is an excellent destination for a summer day out. The park also offers a range of ticket options, from general admission to season passes and cabana rentals for those looking for a more luxurious experience. With reasonable prices and a convenient location, Water Park is an excellent choice for a family-friendly outing in Las Vegas.
Overall, Water Park is a great place to spend a summer day, whether you’re a local or a tourist. It has something to offer to everyone. With various slides and attractions, delicious food options, and convenient hours of operation, the park is the perfect destination for a summer day out.