Tragic Incident in Las Vegas: Woman Arrested for Animal Cruelty as Dog Tragically Dies in Heat Outdoors

Las Vegas (KLAS) – A woman in Las Vegas is facing allegations of cruelty based on negligence after the death of a dog, according to an arrest report.

Deborah Hagan was arrested and had to confront severe animal accusations of abuse when she claimed she had fallen asleep in her house. Around 4:30 p.m. on July 21, Las Vegas Metropolitan Police officers visited a home close to North Las Vegas Boulevard and Cheyenne Avenue. They received a call about a deceased dog.

According to the investigating Metro Police officers, the temperature had reached 114 degrees Fahrenheit in Las Vegas that day, and there was a warning of excessively hot weather for the week.

Clark County Animal Protection Services, informed the police that they had received complaints from neighborhood residents who claimed to have seen the dog tied outside on the porch stairs of the residence and that it had died.

The arrest report states that the callers also informed animal protection services that the dog had no access to food, water, or shelter from the sun.

When officers contacted Hagan, she identified herself as the owner of the ten-year-old, 45-pound terrier, which she had tied outside at around 5 p.m. She then fell asleep. However, it was later discovered that she had provided conflicting timelines.

Hagan later told officers that she was awakened by her roommate, who informed her that her dog was outside dead.

She told the police officers that she didn’t know how much time had passed or when she had woken up. Afterward, Hagan informed the police that she had attempted to call Animal Control to report her dog’s death but couldn’t reach them.

Later, the police determined that Hagan had called Animal Control immediately after 6:30 p.m. on July 21, requesting the removal of the deceased dog. The condition of the dog’s death had not been documented, leading it to be considered a lower-priority case.

According to the report, Hagan claimed that her roommate verbally threatened to harm her dog and would leave it outside daily to fend for itself. Furthermore, she told the police that on July 20, around 4:30 p.m., she had tied her dog to a post on the porch and planned to leave it there overnight, as was her usual practice, as stated in the report.

Hagan also alleged that she had cut the leash to about half its usual length to prevent the dog from going near the neighbors’ cars. However, the police stated in the report that the leash needed longer to reach the lower porch section, where two empty bowls were visible.

One witness informed the police that they had seen the dog dead on the morning of July 20. However, they also mentioned doubts about the accuracy of their observation due to the confusion surrounding the situation.

Also Read:- KLAS Shines Bright for 70 Years of Entertaining Las Vegas

Leave a Comment